Welcome to Sweeney. We are a one-of-a-kind full-service marketing agency that is infinitely passionate about our work, our clients, our team, our partners and our industry.
We have been walking the walk for 37 years – conducting insightful research, developing strategic marketing plans, implementing exceptionally innovative and creative campaigns and projects, achieving extraordinary results and retaining clients who love what we do for their brands.
We never settle, we never rest on our laurels and we never take today for granted. We love to have fun, challenge one another, push ourselves to our limits (and sometimes beyond) and we love to win (even if it’s not a competition). We are also considerate, reasonable, flexible and compassionate.
If you want to work and grow, and you want to join a family that will teach, nurture, challenge, encourage, support and reward you, then you’ve come to the right place.
Senior Graphic Designer/Art Director
A senior graphic designer/art director possesses a blend of technical design/art skills and a clear understanding/knowledge of the strategic marketing process. He/She typically possesses a Bachelor’s degree and possible an advanced degree in fine arts, marketing or communications and a minimum of 4-10 years experience in graphic design, as well as branding, video production, print production and more.
This position entails the ability to plan, direct, execute and deliver high-quality creative materials in a timely and cost-efficient manner. The senior graphic designer/art director will direct internal staff and vendor partners to work on design and creative projects assigned for client and agency execution. He/she will also work with the agency and client management teams to discuss, strategize, develop and present creative concepts.
This role also involves focusing on creating and managing creative briefs, budgets, strategic plans, timelines and performing the day-to-day operations of the art/creative department.
This position leads to the future position of senior art director and associate creative director.
Following are the primary duties, tasks and responsibilities of a senior graphic designer/art director at Sweeney:
- Work with account teams to ensure each project, in accordance with briefings, are clearly outlined and estimated
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Evaluate marketing and campaign strategies
- Direct, manage and contribute to various art projects (ads, brochures, videos, etc.)
- Demonstrate creative thought leadership in the creation of traditional and digital design
- Develop, create and launch brands and brand campaigns
- Review all art creation
- Suggest best practices to be adopted
- Adhere to internal processes, budgets and timelines for each project
- Lead and contribute to brainstorming sessions, creative reviews and project kick-off meetings
- Guide, influence, and motivate others – department staff, vendors and account personnel – with thought-provoking ideas and recommendations
- Assist in the supervision of the creative department to promote an inspiring atmosphere and desirable workflow to achieve the best work
- Recommend required resources and technology needed to execute assigned projects to junior staff
Please send resumes and your portfolio to email@example.com