Sweeney is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team in the Cleveland, OH office.
Sweeney is a full-service creative and strategic agency that fuels change and results through research, creative, strategy, technology, storytelling, media and (of course) people. We are obsessed with quality, attention to detail and the achievement of great results. We are passionate about our clients and about our work… and it shows. We are different… by choice.
The Graphic Designer will provide traditional and digital design support for the agency’s B2B and B2C accounts. The ideal candidate is confident, self-motivated, enthusiastic about design, communications and client services and is proficient in key design programs. This individual will report to the head of the Creative Department and work closely with the Account Service teams to execute creative strategies and ensure client needs are not only met but go above and beyond expectations. The candidate must be organized, passionate and able to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- 3-5 years of post-graduate experience required; agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in graphic design, marketing, communications or other relevant degree
- Solid skill set in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- A killer portfolio and proven ability to create unique, effective designs for multiple brands
- A keen understanding of marketing and public relations strategy (objectives, target audiences, etc.) and how strategic, creative design can help achieve set objectives
- Enthusiasm for the design process and attentiveness to project objectives
- Knowledge of HTML and some CSS programming a plus
- Positive, self-motivated, hard-working attitude
- Ability to interpret and execute direction and feedback while continuing to apply a creative approach and remain engaged in the project
- Passion for learning about different clients and ability to thrive in a fast-paced agency environment
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent communication skills and fearless approach to client work
- Executive and manage creative projects from brainstorm to final product
- Design creative projects and maintain brand integrity of clients for a number of traditional and digital applications, including websites, packaging, corporate identity, advertising, exhibits and displays, and more
- Meet with the head of the creative department, account teams and/or client to determine the scope of a project and provide recommendations, design and creative strategies
- Participate in brainstorms, assist in the development of creative briefs and advise account teams on strategies and best practices pertaining to creative
- Incorporate direction and feedback provided by the department head, account leads and clients, and integrate them into a final design
- Support post-production coordination, including providing high resolution or print ready artwork, coordinate printing and packaging files
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending creative workshops, conferences, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional organizations
- Complete time sheets daily
- Maintain open communication with agency staff
- Provide new business support as needed (planning and presentation)
Send resumes and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.