Has it become increasingly more painful to handle modern day air travel or is it just me?
Twice in the past week I was delayed more than 8 hours and experienced one canceled (overnight) flight. It sucks royally, and to make matters worse, the airlines are completely unapologetic.
But of all the things that aggravate me – and there are many – here are my top 5 complaints:
- The idiot salesman on his wireless headset talking at full volume to the air in front of him, with no regard for the people around him. I want to punch him in the face.
The thoughtless airlines who are completely at ease as they totally inconvenience you with endless delays and cancellations. You missed your connection? Too bad.
- You are forced to spend a night In a disgusting airport hotel – at your own cost – too bad. I want to meet the CEO of Delta and punch him in the face.
- Airport employees, including TSA agents, who (not all, but many) are in no hurry to do anything except take breaks and collect paychecks, while you stand motionless in an endless queue of impatient passengers panicked and full of anxiety as they wait to get to their gate. These airport personnel make state toll booth workers look like balls of uncontained energy. I want to line them up and punch them in their noses.
- Airport shop owners who know they have you over a barrel and gleefully charge you four times the standard retail cost for magazines, gum and water. I want to smash their registers and punch them in their faces.
- The FAA and every other bureaucrat that sees all of this happening and does nothing to facilitate change, instead they applaud the airlines for making outrageous profits. I want to go before the Senate with Donald Trump and have the Donald punch all of them in the face. Then I want to punch Donald Trump in the face… Just to make me feel better.
I also want to recognize all of the exceptional airport and airline workers – and there are many, but not enough – who actually know how horrible it is and do their best to make it better. Thank you for trying. I want to round you all up and give each and every one of you a giant bear hug.