Congratulations! You’ve won an industry award. That’s a prestigious honor you should be proud of, especially with all of the hard work you undoubtedly put into your submission. But now that you’ve won… what are you going to do with it? Don’t let the chance pass by to make the most of a great opportunity for promotion!
The following strategies and tactics aren’t one-size-fits-all, but they are all good to consider for leveraging your news.
- Before doing anything else, the lowest hanging fruit is to post the winner’s logo on the awards section of your website. If you don’t have an awards section, consider making one to establish more credibility for your brand.
- Do you have a blog? If so, that’s another way to go more in-depth on your award-winning product and why your team is excited about the recognition. Share more than just the fact that you won – but why your product was innovative enough to be chosen. We’ve found that the best place to find inspiration from for blog posts is the award submission itself.
- If your award win happens to be about a project, then it’s definitely noteworthy enough to develop a case study about. Share the details on the inspiration behind the project, challenges faced and the support you were able to provide so customers can have an inside look at what it’s like to work with your company.
- Consider a press release. We typically don’t recommend this route if the award is already through a prominent industry publication (as most other editors won’t cover the news), but if it’s not – get the word out, especially to folks who have covered the awards in the past. Many awards programs will provide you a templated release to work from, which you can feel free to tweak to highlight your product or project in the best way possible.
- Share the news on social – especially LinkedIn. Your employees and friends of the company are likely to interact with this type of content, especially if there are pictures live from the event of a representative accepting the award. It’s also a great opportunity to do a series of social posts about the product itself to generate awareness outside of the folks who already know you. Don’t forget to use the hashtag associated with the awards to get involved with the conversation surrounding them.
And beyond the strategies and tactics above, make sure you continue to share that the product is award-winning when you’re chatting with potential customers, media and other audiences. There are numerous other outlets that may also work for you – like trade shows, email marketing and more. You can never have too much credibility!
If you’re interested in finding out which of the above promotion strategies are right for your latest win, contact email@example.com.